Track Menu


  Parc Richelieu

Fonner ParkParc Richelieu Ad

Richelieu Park, was a major standardbred venue that teamed up with Blue Bonnets to bring year round harness racing to the Montreal area. It looked like racing started in 1952, the next year a fire wiped out 275 stalls and part of the grandstand. The track was rebuilt in 1954 and stayed that way till 1973.

After the 1972 season a major $3,500,000 renovation was started on the grandstand, clubhouse and parking areas. The new look track opened in April 1973, but it was not money well spent. A little over five years from completion Richelieu Park, went out of business. In it's final configuration it was a half mile oval, with a capacity for 18,000 fans, 14,000 in the grandstand and another 4,000 in the clubhouse. It also had a dining broom that sat 650 and had parking for 5,000 cars. For the equines there were 700 stalls. Today there is no sign that the track ever existed.